Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Teamwork Works For Me

As the preschool show characters of The Wonder Pets would say: "Whats gonna work? TEAMWORK!!"
And its so true! A group of ladies at my church got together the other night for a sewing night.
We gathered donated fabric from members of our church and a few of us brought our sewing machines and we all pitched in and worked on making bible bags for our ladies retreat.
It was a lot of fun and a lot of work. But by the end of the evening we had 50 bible bags made!! Teamwork definitely Works For Me!!


6 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, I love sewing bees...I'm new to the East Coast and the rafty bug doesn't seem to have bitten out here...oh well. At least I srand out!

Thanks for stopping by Bubba Bubbles!

Heidi Boos said...

There's just something about women working together...especially when it's something fun and crafty! I'm sure it was a great bonding time, too.

Laura said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm helping plan the retreat at my church and this sounds like a great idea!

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am not the greatest at sewing, so I would love to do something like that and sew beside people who know what they're doing!! Thanks for letting me know you stopped by my blog! AND, I love your pink layout-- I too am surrounded by boys!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, and I am sure you guys had lots of fun. Wish i could sew!

Unknown said...

Speaking as someone who was there, it was such a neat time. I had a blast!