Wednesday, April 30, 2008

How To: Post Blog Comments

There has been a recent trend. I keep hearing people say "hey I was just on your blog the other day..." but I had never gotten a comment from that person. I think most bloggers (I know I do) enjoy getting feedback. Especially in the form of comments. There seem to be alot of people who do not realize that you do NOT have to be a blogger or have a blog account or anything like that in order to leave a comment on my blog - ANYONE can do it! There are some blogs with the security settings set so that they can only receive comments from other bloggers but mine is not. So... today's lesson is: "How to Leave Blog Comments".As you can see in the above picture there is an area in which you type your message. Then below that is a spot where you are able to choose your identity. This is actually an outdated picture so it probably won't say "other". Instead it should have a choice marked Name/URL. If you are not signed in as a blogger then you simply choose Name/URL and then you type in your name or nickname and/or your website (if you have one). Another option is to choose the Anonymous option. I ask that if you do that you sign your name on the comment itself so that I know who is leaving the message. Then just click on the button that says Publish Comment... and you're done! See, wasn't that easy!?!
The reason I am posting about this is because I am very personally invested in my blog(s). Its been a great outlet for me, especially over the last few months. I love that I've been getting regular visitors but I hate that some people stop by and never let me know they were ever here. So, please take a moment to say "Hi" and let me know what you think.
Thanks!




10 comments:

Kevin said...

yippie skippie

Unknown said...

But I NEVER leave comments! I hope you realize you're making me come out of the closet on this one, Wani!

TTYS - Sniz

jan said...

If this helps you, I'm going to copy and paste your post over to my blog! Sometimes I just want to write a post that says: I WANT COMMENTS! :-)

Thank you for the comment you left yesterday. I've been feeling rather "worthless" lately-I almost started sobbing when I read what you said.

Lilypad Mom said...

I love to get comments too, but there are only a couple of regulars that comment. I know I get more readers then that from my stats, but they have never commented on anything. You'll have to let us know if this works!

Anonymous said...

Great that you posted this! I have a deep love of the comment too.

Anonymous said...

Me again.. i just added this post to my blog.
Hope you don't mind.

LaVonne said...

hey, this is a great idea. I need to incorporate this into my blog too. Thanks. I will bookmark this page so I can do it too. (Plus, I will link to this post when I do.)Enjoy your day today!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I got to your site from a random search on Angelman Syndrome. My daughter has AS, if you ever have any queries please contact me through www.mollysvoice.org If you want more info on AS please let me know - Molly doesnt have seizures as yet :-) Even though there isnt a cure as yet - there is hope for one in the near future & recent medical advances have shown real hope ;-)
M xx

keii said...

nice blog,,
thanks for your info..

Char said...

First time on your blog Lawana!!! Loved it!! Keep up the good work!! Charlotte Lloyd