Monday, October 01, 2012

Chrysanthemum - DIY Storytime and Craft

Last week in our homeschool group preschool class we read
Chrysanthemum.  She was a perfect baby, and she had a perfect name. Chrysanthemum. When she was old enough to appreciate it, Chrysanthemum loved her name. And then she started school. "I'm named after my grandmother," said Victoria. "You're named after a flower." Chrysanthemum wilted. Life at school didn't improve. In fact, it got worse. Then the students were introduced to their music teacher, Mrs. Twinkle. Mrs. Delphinium Twinkle. And suddenly, Chrysanthemum blossomed....

I have used this printable guide to for of  Kevin Henkes' books.  It helps give me ideas for discussion questions and activity ideas. For our craft we helped the kids bead their own name bracelets.  We had to work out some kinks along the way because the stretchy plastic string would not hold a knot.  But then another mom came in at the end and saved us with a special knot that worked.  Though for the life of me I cannot remember what she had us do.  But the kids had a good time.  And that is all we can ask!

No comments: