Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Creative Cooking

After my sister's wedding reception in February we had a lot of extra pulled pork leftover.  Not one to let good pulled pork go to waste I tried to get creative so we weren't eating BBQ every day.

Here are a few meals that we tried:

pulled pork nachos (can do with bbq sauce or enchilada sauce)

we made a big pot of chili and used the pulled pork instead of ground beef

pork enchiladas

breakfast hash with eggs, potatoes and the pulled pork

BBQ pork pizza


And here are a couple of links if you want some more ideas:

6 Ways to Use Leftover Pulled Pork

Check out the comments on this post and this one for suggestions from readers.

I can find a big pork shoulder at Costco for $1.75 per pound and I'll toss that puppy in the crock pot overnight and get several meals out of it.  I am loving finding new ways to use it!  Let me know if you have any ideas!







photo source

No comments: