Monday, November 12, 2012

Another Family Wedding

My sister had some fun ideas for her wedding flowers.  She and I went back and forth pinning links on her Pinterest wedding board for awhile before we narrowed it down to what she really wanted.  She showed me this link and said she like the one on the upper right and the one on the bottom left.

 
That was a little daunting to me given its autumn and I wasn't sure how easy it would be to find such tropical flowers at this time of year.  However I was up for the task and I tackled JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby and Michael's looking for flowers that would fit the bill.
 I did her bouquet a little differently than I have others in the past.  I started with a premade bouquet from Hobby Lobby like this one and then added other complimentary flowers (from both JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby).  One thing I have found that I like about doing it this way is I felt like the whole thing was sturdier because it had the solid base of the premade stem.  Then I wrapped it all in satin ribbon (with the help of a little hot glue).




  I also used the satin ribbon to make a rolled rosette broach to go on her dress, a rolled rosette hairclip and a boutonniere for the groom.



 They make such a beautiful couple!  So blessed to have been able to share in their special day!


I'll be linking up to a few of these great blogs

1 comment:

Julie R said...

You did an excellent job! I like your bouquet better than the picture! The rolled rosette pieces are beautiful! Great work!