Thursday, July 24, 2014

Celebrate Your Kid



It has been a fun but challenging summer. The kids have really been pushing my buttons these past few weeks. I've needed reminding of some basic truths about parenting and love.

I just love these "Kathyisms"!! Little nuggets of truth and encouragement to help me be a better mom! Thanks Kathy Koch!


 Kathyism #27- "Raise the Children You Were Given" from Dr. Kathy Koch on Vimeo.

I love my children SO much. But its not always easy to not wish they were different in this way or that way. The challenges they bring to the table for me as a mom are infinitely more than anything I imagined I would have to deal with when I dreamed of being a mom. I am so thankful that my kids are quick to forgive because I have not been my best self lately. Hoping the routine of the school year will help bring about some better habits for me.

No comments: