Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Pregnancy Info

This is a little pregnancy information you may or may not know. I chose the info that was closest to the stage I'm at now, and that would apply to the pix of baby at 5months along in the pregnancy(I got the pix from a pro-life website - it is NOT our baby, but cool none the less).

Month 5
Half the pregnancy has now passed, and the fetus is about 12 inches long.The mother has definitely begun to feel movement by now. If a soundis especially loud or startling, the fetus may jump in reaction to it.

Month 6
Oil and sweat glands are functioning. The delicate skin of the growing baby is protected from the fetal waters by a special ointment called "vernix." If the baby were born in this month and given the proper care, he would survive.

How awesome is that? I'm getting more and more excited! I hope to start working on the nursery soon.


No comments: