Thursday, December 03, 2009

Friends Near and Far

These are my girls. We met and became dear friends while in college together almost ten years ago. While not all of our college friendships have survived the post-college years. But even though we no longer live together and our lives have taken different paths, we have remained very close.
On the left is Jules. She was the best roommate. We wrote each other encouraging notes, shared our clothes and perfumes (still love Sweet Pea!!)... we were great together! She lives a few hours away which allows occasional visits throughout the year. We love our weekends at the lakehouse with Jules!
In the middle is CindyLou. She was the only one of the four of us that did not live in our house. Her apartment was our second home during college. She lived in Chicago for a few years but has been in Peru the past two years which has only allowed one real visit every year when she comes home for the holidays. I'm thankful that she is returning to the states in January and I hope to see more of her in the coming months. She may actually be around for the birth of our baby this spring!
Jess is on the right. She and I met on the first day of our photography class that we had first semester and we haven't been able to get rid of each other yet. She lived near here for awhile after school then moved back home for awhile to go back to school and has been back in the area for a year now and basically lives down the street from us. She is the most involved of the three. She is over a couple nights a week, helps me with my boys and hangs out so I get some adult conversation once in awhile. Now she is getting ready to leave for five months to be a nanny for a military family in Germany. Its hard for me to imagine our day to day life without her near. I don't know what the boys will think of it, not having her around for so long. But I'm sure those five months will fly by. Right?
But regardless of the distance over the years we have been blessed to remain dear friends. Even though we cannot always support one another in the same ways that we would if we were all living close together, there is no doubt in my mind that we will continue to remain close for years to come. May God continue to bless our friendships!

"I
thank my God in all my remembrance of you..." Philippians 1:3


No comments: