Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Little Sunshine

Having a two year old can be at times challenging, frustrating, tiring, I could go on but I'll stop there. But then God is faithful and He gives us times when its pure joy. I think He knows we need those times of respite to be renewed and have reason to not lose heart when we moms feel like just about anyone could do our job(s) as good or better than we are doing them.

Over the past few months Nate has started taking more of an interest in praying with us both at dinner and bedtime. He’ll give suggestions on things to thank God for…. Usually its Cars or Toy Story, etc, but sometimes its Pop, Grandma, etc. Lately after some guidance from Isaac, he has been saying little prayers on his own. He’ll say “Jesus (or sometimes, God or Lord)…. thank you…. For…. Cars. Amen” Its so precious!

Isaac's mom taught Nate the cutest thing! Here is a video of him singing (in a whisper - so you'll have to turn up the volume) "You Are My Sunshine" along with Isaac. I thought it best that Isaac sing it with him and not me. Trust me, you should be thanking me!

No comments: