Saturday, October 27, 2007

Boys Update


This picture kind of illustrates how my life is going right now... Josiah is pretty peaceful and happy-go-lucky most of the time, but needs to have his needs met regularly. But look at that expression on Nate's face. I don't exactly know what it is - part "cheese" because he does that the instant he sees the camera, part frustration as he tries to pull the toy away from his brother, part "lets see if this will get me attention", part "I'm taking a huge dump for my mommy to clean up because I have very little interest in learning to go in the potty", part "see, I can be cute when I want to".... I could go on and on.

So Nate has had his cast on for about a month now. Having the cast has not slowed him down at all. He is still into everything and still jumping on the couch. I have to force myself to choose my battles or else he and I would be at it all day long. Oh wait, we still are. Nate is at a stage where is can be cuter than cute or he can be a total terrible two – and it only takes a split second to switch from one to the other. He still hasn’t gotten the hang of “gentle” and has come close to hurting Joe a few times. He’s very whiney and every time we tell him “no” about anything it’s a huge ordeal. We’ve been trying all sorts of things and nothing seems to affect him much. I will admit that I have been pushed to my limit a lot lately.
Josiah is getting into a pretty regular sleeping pattern – going to bed between 9-10pm getting up around 8ish (usually woken up by Nate who comes hollering into our room) and taking a few hours of nap in the middle of the day. Obviously there are days when that doesn’t happen but its nice to not be getting up a couple of times a night anymore.
I've got a couple photography gigs this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't done much photography lately and have missed it. I need to print up some new business cards and do some marketing but somehow haven't found the time or energy to do it.

No comments: