Monday, October 08, 2007

Summer Study

I really miss the small group of girls - women that I was in a bible study with over the summer. We met almost every Monday from Memorial Day thru Labor Day. We were going through a book together(Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl) and had prayer and sharing time together. Some of the girls I knew already but a couple I didn't. Group sharing has always been hard for me so I volunteered my home for the study so I couldn't back out once I started to feel like I was getting outside of my comfort zone. It was so great to spend that time with other women who know what I'm going through on a daily basis - with marriage and raising toddlers, etc. We all had something in common. We shared similar struggles and joys. I didn't realize how much I had begun to rely on that time of sharing and encouragement until we discontinued meeting. I keep telling myself that someone should arrange a playdate or something to get us together again. I even tell myself that that someone could/should be me. But procrastination and busy-ness continue to win the mental battle going on inside my head. If any of my summer study girls are reading this.... I miss you guys! We should get together! And one of these days maybe I will be the one to arrange something!

2 comments:

jan said...

Hey Wani-
Last year I read a really good book called: Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. The back cover says "......Your heart matters more than anything else in all creation. The desires you had as a little girl and the longings you still feel as a woman-they are telling you of the life God created you to live. He offers to come now as the Hero of your story, to rescue your heart and release you to live as a fully alive and feminine woman. A woman who is truly captivating."
The book gave me a lot to think about. You guys could get together again and have a book club/discussion group.
Just a thought.
Have a great week!
Judy

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that study was so helpful and meaningful to you. I love bonding with other women in similar circumstances! What'd you think of the book?