Thursday, February 19, 2009
29 Things about Me
Today is my 29th birthday. Sigh... this is the last year of my "twenties"... oh well... anyway, to mark the occasion I'm posting 29 random things about ME! Enjoy. And leave me a birthday comment! Or not. Whatever! ;-p
1. I'm the oldest of five kids - and all of us were born at home!
2. I have never lived anywhere but Indiana.
3. I love to travel and wish I could afford to do more of it.
4. I've worked for two different airlines. Totally recommend working in the airline industry. It has its pros and cons... but the flight benefits are awesome!
5.I have a blue eyes but my left eye has a brown streak in it. I know, I'm weird.
6. I was really into myspace for awhile but now I'm hooked on facebook.
7. I have two sons that I love but have always wanted a daughter!
8. I have always wanted to be a wife and mother. Sometimes I love it... others its more than I bargained for but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
9. I had my first son via unplanned c-section. And my second son via VBAC at home. If we have any more kids we'll definitely plan another homebirth.
10. Isaac and I went from acquaintances to engaged in less than two months and were married only 5 months after that. When you know - you know!
11.I love to scrapbook but don't get to do it as much as I would like to.
12. I'm not that great of a housekeeper. I don't like to be messy... but I don't like to clean either.
13. I get addicted to tv shows. Right now its Heroes, Lost, The Office and Greys.
14. I struggle to get into the Word like I know I should. I make up excuses and stuff but mostly its probably laziness.
15. I've been going to the same church for something like 16yrs.
16. When I really want to splurge I get a manicure or pedicure... there is something about it...
17. I was dyslexic in early elementary. Reading was a chore and I hated it.
18. My mom took me out of school and homeschooled me from the 3rd grade on. I am so thankful that she did!
19. I love to read but don't do it as much as I would like.
20. I'm working on a list of 30 things I wanna do before I turn 30.
21. I love taking pictures. I wish had more time to develop my skill and build my photography business.
22. I cannot think of a time in my life when I was genuinely happy with my body (I've been everything from a size 6 (a LONG time ago) to a size 20 (a few years ago).
23. I have a lot of great women in my life that I am thankful for. I have friends for all seasons of life, some young some old(er)... I think we all can learn something from eachother and I love it!
24. My favorite alcoholic beverage is an Amaretto Sour. Mmmm.... sounds good!
25. Even with all their issues and quirks I love my family very much (and that includes my inlaws).
26. I love San Francisco! I spent six weeks there on a business trip when I worked for American Airlines and I fell in love with that city! Its awesome!
27. According to this online quiz that Suz posted about I'm a Romantic Self-Knowing Self-Improver. I guess that sounds about right. Another quiz said I'm most like Jane Austen's herione Elinor Dashwood from Sense and Sensibility. Not the most glamorous heroine but probably the most like me.
28. If I had been born just a couple hours later I'd have been born on my mom's birthday! Its kind of fun because we get to celebrate together!
29. I got more personal than I thought I would in this list. Hope it wasn't all boring!