Wednesday, November 04, 2009

My "Make A Wish" Moment!

So, after reading my last post about my 30by30 list a friend called me up and asked if she could help me w/ one of my "goals" by taking me to my first Pacers game. Well, sure! Her husband said I was her "make-a-wish-kid". Works for me!
She has the hookup through her grandparents who have these awesome front row season tickets. So not only did I get to go to a Pacers game but I got to go in style! We had special parking and seriously... our seats were a mere few feet away from the players! I could not have asked for a better way to see the game or better company. We both have two little ones and it is difficult to find the time to get together sometimes so it was great to spend the evening with a good friend.
Third Eye Blind had performed before the game (though it was an outdoor thing and it was raining so we did not see the concert). The lead singer talked to the press during the game. He was right in front of us, I could have reached out and touched him - if there hadn't been security sitting right there. If you watch the game you can see me behind him scrambling to get my camera out to take this pix! I'm such a dork. ;-)
Isaac turned the game on to see if they could see me. The PaceMates came out to perform before the game and Nate says "Look its Mommy!". Aw... isn't that sweet. Way off, but sweet. Since I was wearing that bright orange shirt it was actually pretty easy to spot us in alot of the shots. So thanks to my good friend I can now say I've been to a Pacers game!


No comments: