Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Frumps to Pumps

SarahMae is releasing a new ebook today: Frumps to Pumps! Its available on Amazon now! Find it on facebook too! She calls it a motivotional - a cross between motivational and devotional. I love it! ;-) I like to make up words too!
Sarah Mae's candidness makes me want to plop down on her couch for a visit, or go out to coffee with her. She is real and genuine and that drew me in and allowed me to relate to her in many ways. I love how she shares both personally and scripturally while helping the reader build habits over time to get out of the frumpy rut. I know I have gone days without changing out of my sweatpants. Or without doing anything besides a ponytail with my hair. But if you think about it, who doesn't feel better about themselves when they are not wearing clothes with spit up on them from yesterday? I know my whole outlook changes when I feel good about myself. I automatically feel better about everything else, which makes me a better mom and wife.
Sarah Mae shares biblical truths about our identity in Christ and how we should live that out in our daily lives. Focusing a lot on inner beauty Sarah Mae talked about: having a Quiet Spirit, Modesty and dressing in Strength and Dignity. There are chapters that help motivated me to Fight the Lure of Cozy and push off the "too tired" excuse. I mean, does it really take that much more time to put on "real clothes" than it does to put on sweats?
We are all daughters of God. How can we best represent His Kingdom? By never leaving behind our comfy sweatpants, and the sour, lazy attitude that can often accompany them? Or should we dress tastefully and modestly to show that we care about ourselves just as the Lord cares deeply about us? I choose to take care of myself. I want to look and feel better, for Him and for me.
Thank you Sarah Mae for sharing your heart and these truths with us in your book! God Bless You!!

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 1Corinthians 6:19-20

No comments: