Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Tidings


We have had a very busy but blessed year.  On top of the usual busyness and chaos we were flooded with major life events in our family in what felt like a very short time.  We have two divorces going on in the family.  We have had family members in the hospital, some have passed away.  But there were also exciting life events too.  My husband started a new job that he loves.  Two of my sisters got married.  Two of my sisters had babies...  Its been an eventful year for us!

Because of the busyness (or my laziness) I opted not to write a Christmas letter this year.  And for our card I used the pictures we had taken in the spring instead of taking new ones... I know, I'm such a slacker.  ;-)  But here is what our Christmas card looked like.



Do they come any cuter than that?  ;-)  And another thing I did differently is I only sent cards to the people who sent us one.   I have a stack of pre-stuffed envelopes on standby and when a card came in I addressed one to them and sent it out. Last year I realized how many of the people I was sending cards to were not reciprocating and I figured this was as good a way as any to cut back.  

Thanks for following along or stopping by.  I am happy to share a bit of our crazy life with you all.

The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!" (NASB) - Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments: