Monday, May 06, 2013

Christine's Minnie Mouse Birthday Party

Last week was Christine's 3rd birthday!  I can hardly believe that my baby is three years old.  We gathered some friends and family to celebrate our sweet girl!
 
I made the Minnie outfit for a friend's daughter last fall and she was kind enough to let me borrow it and the Minnie/Mickey ears that she had made.  ;-)  
 
At the last minute I made this Minnie decoration using some quilting hoops and fabric that I had on hand.  Everyone kept telling me I should hang it in Christine's bedroom after the party... but I don't think Isaac would be keen on redecorating over one piece of decor.  ;-)

Jess was our game-master and led the kids in a "pin the bow on Minnie".  Christine needed a little help but had a great time being a part of the game.
And my dad was kind enough to bring his train to the party.  Its become a staple at our parties because regardless of the occasion, the kids LOVE the train rides!

I like to keep things simple (I am a lazy baker) so Nate and I used regular and mini Oreos to make little Mickeys on the cupcakes. 
 
 Christine liked the cupcakes a lot... can you tell?  She didn't want to waste a single crumb!
 
 We had such a great time and were so blessed by our friends and family.  We are excited to see what this next year has in store for Christine and for our family.


"I praise you
because I am fearfully
and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."
(Psalm 139:14, NIV)

1 comment:

zach said...

It was a fun day. I love you guys so much and I can't believe Christine is 3 already.