Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Colorful Gluten-free Penne Recipe


I am not a cook that uses recipes regularly.  I kind of do a lot of winging it or recipes from memory. 
Which has been a challenge as we've been getting settled into the gluten-free way of things.  Most of my old default meals are obsolete now.  But little by little I am learning what changes I need make to adapt old recipes and

Colorful Gluten-free Penne
1 16oz box of gluten-free penne (rotini or bowtie would be good too)
1 bunch of asparagus
1-2 bell peppers
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (mine were from Aldi)
1/4 cup EVOO
1-2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Cut veggies into one inch pieces and saute in a couple of tablespoons of oil until tender.  Set aside.  Cook pasta according to package.  Once the pasta is drained toss vegis and pasta together with seasoning, remaining oil and cheese.  Serve warm or cold as a pasta salad.  You could also change it up and use different veggies: zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, etc - or chicken would also be good in this dish.  This meal was a hit with my family.  Hope it is with yours as well!

If you try it let me know what you think! 


photo source

No comments: