Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gluten-free Resources

I will admit that I had a bit of sticker shock when I first started buying gluten-free items.  I knew they would be more than regular grocery items but I didn't realize how quickly it would add up!  I have been scouring the internet and reaching out to my gluten-free friends to find out how to go gluten-free without breaking the bank.

Here are a few resources that I have found helpful so far:

Online
Amazon.com offers a nice variety of items and you can get additional discounts on frequently used items by using the subscribe and save option.

VitaCost - also has a similar program: "set & save" that you can use for items you use often. Also if you click on my link you will get $10 off your first purchase of $30 or more.

Dakota Prairie - is another online store that has a good selection of gluten free items.  I have not yet ordered from there but have heard good things from friends.

Local (Indianapolis Area)
Angelo's Supermarket is a salvage food store that sells discounted food and other non-parishable items.

Aldi has had a couple of special buys that included gluten free baking mixes and gf frozen pancakes.  I hope to see more gf items from them in the future!

Kroger, Meijer and Walmart all have gluten-free sections but they are small and overpriced.

If you have any great gluten free resources to share please comment and let me know!  ;-)  I still have a lot to learn!


photo source

No comments: