Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Thirteen of my Favorite Movies
Above is a montage of the 100 greatest Movie quotes from AFI.
I just want to clarify that these movies are not in a specific order... I have a pretty wide taste in movies ( I think) and so these are all different and are favorites for different reasons and therefore I couldn't actually have a #1 or anything. Maybe I'm weird.... I don't know.
1. The Princess Bride - What a great story with action, adventure, true love, fairy tale, revenge, wizards, princes, comedy, pirates.... I mean seriously, this movie has it all!
2. Return to Me - David Duchovney and Minnie Driver are so sweet in this touching romantic comedy. Bonnie Hunt is great as the best friend and the odd conversations withing the group of "old timers" are so funny!
3. While You Were Sleeping - Sandra Bullock is so likable and real in this movie. I feel like I know her and while you laugh at the family dynamics and misunderstandings, you also feel like it could be your family or one not very different.
4. Lord of the Rings Trilogy - What a great masterpiece! So well done on all levels, scenery, casting, costumes, screenplay, story, acting, effects.... it was all good.
5. Bourne Trilogy - Great action. Matt Damon keeps you on the edge of your seat.
6. Ever After - The story of Cinderella told in a real life way. Drew Barrymore was so good as Danielle, our heroine and Dougary Scott was charming as the prince.
7. Signs (The Village & Lady in the Water) - M. Night Shyamalan has a way of scaring me without having to show gore or violence. And sometimes the messages behind the suspense are surprisingly poignant.
8. Newsies & Hairspray - Two of the most fun musicals to watch. I had the biggest crush on Christian Bale back in the day. And I will admit that if I was ten years younger I would probably be into High School Musical only to watch Zac Efron.
9. Fried Green Tomatoes - This is a great story about friendship. I love that its not afraid to show how intimate real friendships can be.
10. Ocean's Eleven (Twelve & Thirteen were pretty good too) - While I do not condone stealing... its alot of fun to watch these guys pull off heists!
11. The Italian Job - Alot of fun to watch, especially the chase scenes.
12. Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid & Aladdin - Some of my faves when I was young and still fun to watch from time to time. I still know most of the words to the songs!
13. Anne of Green Gables & Little Women - Kindred spirits and true sisters make these great heartfelt stories about girls and their bosom friendships. I would picture myself being in these movies when I was a young girl.