Monday, January 19, 2009

Girls Weekend!

These are my "girls". I have other women friends obviously... but these will always be my "girls". We were fast friends in college (years ago!) and have remained close despite the distance between us. We have been able to all get together at least once a year for an annual Girls Weekend.When I came home after college I had a hard time getting plugged in again at my home church. I quickly went from young and single to being married and soon after a mom. Part of me did not know where I fit in. Part of me did not want to make new friends, to get close to other women. I missed my "girls" so much that all I wanted was to be with them again. But God has softened my heart over the last few years. He has allowed and helped me to branch out and develop some other relationships that I am now very thankful for also. Some are in my church, others are not. Some are close in age, others are older, some younger. Diversity in friendships is a beautiful thing!
Thankfully, it is not one or the other. I do not have to give up my "girls" to have other friends (duh, me). Each of my friends is so different. They are able to offer me encouragement and support in different ways. I feel that I am a more complete person because I have so many wonderful women to lean on when I need it. God has blessed me so much through the women in my life!
Thank you God, and thank you friends for your roles in my life. I love you all!


No comments: