Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Coming Up...

Joe has been making small improvements in therapy. He is getting better at finger feeding himself (very exciting for mommy!). He is babbling more and he is making choices between 2-3 pictures. He is continuing to gain interest in people and things and interacting more. Joe is experiencing separation anxiety sometimes, which for him is a good sign that he is aware of us and when we come and go.

I have had a difficult time getting anyone from Riley to get back with me to let us know what the results of the last bunch of Joe's blood tests (taken months ago), but hope to hear something soon (since I made another nagging phone call today). We have a vision test at IU this Friday and another appointment with the genetic neurologist at Riley next week.

I've been in a funk lately and have found myself despairing over Joe's as yet un-named condition, or whatever you want to call it. I thought it would get easier as time went on, but I still find it difficult to talk about it. I feel like I am in limbo sometimes. Its hard for me to be around "normal" people and its just as hard for me to be around the "handicapped". I keep finding myself comparing Joe to other kids. I know I shouldn't but I cannot seem to help it. I am constantly wondering and worrying. His future, our future is so uncertain and that is still so overwhelming to me sometimes. I honestly do not really have high hopes for getting answers anymore, certainly not any kind of a "cure". I feel like I am just going through the motions, I do not expect to find out anything new. I think we'll get told to keep doing therapy and wait and we will just have to wait and see what he what it is that God has in store for our future.
As always your prayers are appreciated.


No comments: