Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Countdown Continues

We are about 29 weeks along now. All of my 28wk lab work (Hgb/Hct, antibody screen, glucose screen) all came back "normal" and my blood pressure has remained normal as well. I had a follow up ultrasound last week to check on the position of my placenta. In the first ultrasound (around 18wks) it was kind of low so they wanted to make sure it shifted so it wouldn't be between the baby and the cervix (placenta previa). But this time the placenta had shifted and was up and out of the way. The midwife had been confident that it would be fine but we wanted to be sure. That is a big answer to prayer.
The baby is growing. At the recent ultrasound the technician estimated the baby to be 2lbs already. I am measuring about a week ahead of what my due date is supposed to be but that is not uncommon, especially for me. I measured ahead of schedule with both of the boys and I ended up having Nate a couple weeks early and Joe a couple weeks late. So needless to say, I don't really put much stock in that as far as getting my hopes up for being early or anything. I think "due dates" are kind of a joke at this point. I think of it more like a due "ballpark" - I could have my baby anytime from mid-April to mid-May.
All in all I am feeling pretty good, though I am starting to get to the uncomfortable stage, I'm pretty sure if I haven't begun to waddle that I will shortly. I have been a little tired at times but I have two boys - I'd be tired anyway! ;-) I've been trying to get more whole grains and fruits and vegis into our family meals for the benefit of all of us. I'm looking forward to spring (however far away it might be) because I'm getting cabin fever already!
Some days I am torn. Part of me feels like 12 more weeks seems like a long time to wait to meet this little guy/girl. I'm looking forward to that newborn stage that is so precious! But another part is overwhelmed at the thought of having THREE kids!! I am hopeful that Nate will be pretty helpful when the baby comes. Joe still has needs that will be challenging to meet while caring for a newborn. But I know that we have a great support system and God is faithful and will continue to provide for the needs of our family and for me. I know He will not give me more than I can handle... but sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much!! ;-)