I've been reading A Virtuous Woman's blog the past week. She did a series of posts called The Heart of Her Husband to help women prepare for Valentine's Day.
“The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her.” Proverbs 31:11
She said: With Valentine’s Day approaching in just a few days… I thought it would be fun to focus on different aspects of the marriage relationship or rather, how you and I can be better wives! Proverbs 31 tells us that the heart of the virtuous woman’s husband could safely trust in her. Does your husband trust you or does his hear lie in fear of what is coming?The last post in this series included this excerpt from the book, The Excellent Wife, by Martha Peace she says:
Great reminders to all wives no matter what stage of marriage we are in! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!
Eighteen Ways a Wife May be the Glory of Her Husband
1. Ask your husband, “What are your goals for the week?”
2. Ask your husband, “How can I help you accomplish these goals?”
3. Ask your husband, “Is there anything that I can do differently that would make it easier for you?”
4. Be organized with cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry and cooking. As you fulfill your God-given responsibilities, your husband is then free to do his work.
5. Save some of your energy every day for him.
6. Put him FIRST over the children, your parents, friends, job, ladies’ Bible studies, hobbies, etc.
7. Willingly and cheerfully rearrange your schedule for him when necessary.
8. Talk about him in a positive light to and around others. Do NOT slander him at all, even if what you are saying is true.
9. Do whatever you can to make him look good, to accomplish his goals. Some examples are to run errands for him, organize your day to be available to help him with projects, pray for him and make good suggestions. Give him freedom to not use your suggestion, and do not be offended when he does not follow it.
10. Consider his work (job, hobbies, goals, work for the Lord) as more important than your own.
11. think of specific ways that you can help him accomplish his goals. Examples are to get up early in the mornings to help him get off to work having had a good breakfast, take care in recording phone messages for him, anticipate any needs he may have in order to attain a specific goal, and keep careful records of money spent to keep up with the budget.
12. Consider the things that you are involved in. How do they glorify your husband? Ask his guidance.
13. Be warm and gracious to his family and friends. Make your commitment to him obvious.
14. Do and say things to him that build him up instead of tear him down.
15. Dress and apply your make-up in an attractive manner that is pleasing to YOUR husband.
16. When your husband sins, reprove him gently and privately, always giving him hope and pointing him to the Lord.
17. Encourage him to use his spiritual gifts in ministry.
Realize that just as God is glorified when man obeys Him, your husband is glorified when you obey your husband.