Friday, November 04, 2011

Hearty Pumpkin Pancakes - YUM!

For me pumpkin is a seasonal treat and I eat the heck out of it during the fall and winter seasons! A while back I did a google search for Pumpkin Pancakes and found several recipes that I modified into what I found worked for us. I love it!

Hearty Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups milk

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1 cup canned pumpkin

2 Tablespoons cooking oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup

4 Tablespoons. packed brown sugar

2 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon apple or pumpkin pie spice

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 cup unbleached all purpose flour

1 cup whole wheat flour

optional - 1 cup chopped nuts, chocolate chips or butterscotch chips (or if you're crunchy you could add flax seed, oatmeal or other healthy add-ons).

1. In a large bowl combine eggs and remaining wet ingredients. Stir sugar, spices and other dry ingredients into wet mixture until slightly lumpy.

2. Heat a lightly greased griddle over medium heat. For each pancake pour approximately 1/8 cup batter onto griddle - I like to fit four small pancakes on a square pan. Cook until golden; turn when tops are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (about 1 to 2 minutes per side). I don't usually get a good count on how many pancakes this makes because we eat them as we make them - but I paid attention today and got a count of about 30 sm/med pancakes! Top these babies with your choice of syrup, caramel drizzle or cream cheese frosting!


No comments: