Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Italian Tonight!


I like to improv cook a lot. Its not fancy, just try variations of dishes that I have made before. Sometimes its out of necessity because we are missing some ingredients. Its always (ok, maybe not always ;-) fun to see what I come up with. Just the other night I wanted to make a french bread pizza but didn't have the usual sausage and pepperoni so I used canned chicken instead. Yum!

French Bread Chicken Pizza

1 loaf French Bread
Slice loaf in half and lay open on baking sheet.
Top with Sauce/Spread
1 can tomato paste
1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I used Pampered Chef Parmesan Garlic Seasoning)
Then mix together:
1 can chicken or 1 cup of shredded chicken
1 Tablespoon olive oil (garlic infused)
1-2 tsp Italian seasoning or pesto
And spread over bread. Then top with your choice of toppings:
1/2-3/4 cup chopped spinach
chopped peppers
diced zucchini
1-2cups of shredded cheese - I used slices of provolone, shredded Mexican style cheese and Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 350degrees until toasty (about 20min)! Yum!


No comments: