Monday, November 28, 2011

Our Homeschool Day

Homeschooling is a joy and a challenge. I am still trying to figure out what works for us. With Christine's therapies and Joe's developmental preschool schedule... I'm often working school in wherever I can fit it in. Some days Nate and I get a good start on school right after breakfast and are finished by lunch. Other days we are finishing up subjects as I am cooking dinner. Or sometimes I stick to the core subjects and skip the fluff.
As I have mentioned before we are using Heart of Dakota Little Hearts for His Glory this year. Here is what is assigned daily:

Bible Study
Reading about History
Phonics
Storytime
Math Exploration
Fine Motor Skills/Handwriting
Corresponding Music
Rhymes in Motion
rotating Science/Art/Drama

*the last three subjects are the ones that the curriculum suggests as optional and we bypass on really busy days (such as days when we have field trips or such).

No comments: