Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hubby's 30th!

Today we had a family gathering to celebrate my hubs' 30th birthday.   He is a wonderful husband and father to us and we are so blessed to share this life with him!

Like most men the way to Isaac's heart is through his stomach.  I planned a special menu for his birthday lunch.  I made:
Root Beer Pulled Pork in the crock pot
Baked Zucchini
Easy Corn (cooked frozen corn for a couple of minutes in my PC Micro Cooker with a Tbsn butter, a tsp bacon fat, salt and pepper - YUM!)
Then the family pitched in a few dishes to complete the meal:
loaded french fries
deviled eggs
guacamole & chips
cut watermelon & cantaloupe
And we finished it all off with a Rocky Road Cake.

With all the family here it was a little rowdy... but it was nice to all be together to celebrate such a wonderful man!  ;-)

For all the times you reached back to hold my hand,
let me have the last bite of cake,
told me I looked beautiful first thing in the morning,
Sat with me through the film I wanted to see
listened patiently to the details of my hectic day,
and for all the happiness that you bring to my world.
I LOVE YOU!




No comments: