Friday, August 31, 2012

High Five

Photobucket

This is my first "High Five for Friday" post.  What a fun idea!  I like recapping great things that have been going on lately!  So, here we go:

1. I got to go to Dig In - A Taste of Indiana with my sister!  It was a delicious way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

2. We took Nate on a fun field trip day to Chicago for the Mythbuster's Exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry.  It was awesome!


3. Made some progress on a fund raiser I'm working on.  A friend is adopting from China and I'm helping her out by offering discounted photography certificates and donating 75%+ the proceeds to her adoption fund.  Praying it makes a difference for their family!
4. Got some great deals at Goodwill yesterday!  Because of his developmental delays Joe needs to be in footie pjs all the time (primarily to keep him from taking his diaper off and making a gigantic mess).  Well, now that he's getting older its getting harder to find them in his size.  I got three pairs of size 6/7 footies for $6!  Whoot!

5. And lastly... I got to do something special for my sister.  Lauren is getting ready to have her first baby.  Yay!  But she lives in GA and all of the rest of us live in IN.  I hate that I can't be there with her for this!  So, I recorded a few sound bites of my voice reading birth affirmations to her that she can play on her smart phone when the labor gets tough.  I hope it helps even in some small way.  I can't wait to come visit and meet my new nephew!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

aw so sweet to do that for your sister!

Happy Friday! Stop by and say hello :)
nichollvincent.blogspot.com