Friday, August 24, 2012

Idiot!





 Have you ever done or said something that was completely idiotic?  I had one of those moments recently.  Here is the scenario:

Near where we live there is this house that has a zebra statue.  Its been there for as long as I can remember.  Its kind of a local mascot or icon.  It even has its own facebook page.  It gets dressed up for holidays and such.  People will take their pictures with it.

Well, during some recent construction the poor thing was decapitated.  :-(  So, naturally its getting additional attention now, being headless and all.  So as we were driving by last week I noticed another statue had joined our zebra friend.  As we get closer I see its a small striped feline statue. Because of the size in proportion to the zebra my first thought was: "oh look, a zebra cat".

Seriously....

Total brain freeze!  By the time we had passed it I realized my error and was kicking myself for not seeing it for what it clearly is: a tiger!  Or was is a "liger"?  ;-)

 

No comments: