Monday, July 01, 2013

Wedding Season!


My family has been busy with a wedding boom!  In the last 9mos or so we've had two of my sisters, two cousins and one aunt get married... and two more cousins get engaged!  What a wonderful time of celebration!  With weddings come expenses...  I thought I would share how we were able to recycle some of our decorations to be used in all of these occasions!

Hannah & Ted had a literary themed wedding with beautiful colorful and classy flour arrangements.  My mom did the floral arch and custom did the chalkboard.  It was lovely.
My sister, Lauren had a courthouse wedding out of town and followed it with a country bbq reception a couple of months later.  It was a little more laid back so we modified the arrangements from Hannah's reception to take on the "country" feel.  And of course we added a few new touches to the mix, like the colorful burlap bunting.
My cousin Sean's new wife Kristen had already chosen to go with sunflowers and was happy to borrow the arch from Hannah's for their beautiful backyard ceremony.
My cousin Brad's reception was held in a large open air building with great exposed brick and needed a touch of color.  They borrowed the bunting from Lauren's reception to add a pop of color!
And my aunt Jody just got married this past weekend.  She was one of the most laid back brides I have ever seen.  ;-)  It was a second marriage for her and she just wanted to get married, the rest was just details.  So, the night before the wedding my mom added purple flowers to the sunflower arch to define the ceremony area.  It turned out beautifully. 




Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil.  For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone?  And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.



No comments: