Tuesday, August 13, 2013

UnWired Mom Challenge Update...


Well, I've been doing Sarah Mae's UnWired Mom 14-Day Challenge to help me be an active participant in my children's day.  I had gotten into the habit of turning to avoidance when things got hard.  I'd waste hours doing nothing on the computer just to get a bit of respite from the chaos around me.  But I know its not what God intended for me, for our family.  So, I am working on changing my habits.

It is 2013, there are things that I need to do on the computer.  But I am doing my best to limit my computer time to those things and not to disappearing into a cloud of craft blog posts.  ;-)

Frankly, its been hard!  Old habits are hard to break and I find myself slipping often.  I've been doing a pretty good job during the day but as soon as the kids are in bed I plop myself down at the computer and avoid the housework that I should be catching up on or even the reading I could be doing.  I am working on it and will continue to do so.

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.  1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments: