Thursday, December 04, 2008

This Just In...

Searching for medical answers can be expensive. I'm very excited to say that we got a packet in the mail today saying that Joe has been approved to receive financial aid from Children's Special Health Care Services. We're not exactly sure how much that it'll cover dollar wise but it's effective date goes back to June so that will include a lot of the bigger expenses that we've had. What an answer to prayers!
Also... Joe has been working in a therapeutic walker with the physical therapist. For the first couple of weeks he'd just stand with it. But this week he has been taking steps on his own! Its been exciting! Both the PT and I were a little teary eyed the first few times! He has also been increasingly verbal. Its been a good few weeks here. We're very thankful to see this progress.

10 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Nice collection of awesome news!!!

Hannah said...

Congratulations. Joe's such an angel!

My Thoughts Exactly said...

Praise the Lord!! Keep up the good work, Joe!!

Susannah said...

Wonderful news!!! Bless you and your family. Hugs, e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Mical said...

Just finished praying for you all! Keep trusting Jesus!

Love you, Lawana! :D

Ryann said...

Hello Wani, I found your blog from a comment you left on parentingthetinestofmiracles. I live on the westside and hubby and I both work in Avon. I read over some of your info and it looks like we have a lot in common. Visit my blog sometime and maybe we could get together sometime and scrap/card make and talk about our special kiddos.

Congrats on Joe getting approved. What a wonderful thing for your family.

Does Joe receive Speech? We can't seem to get Addy approved through FS for Speech. Just curious.

Toni said...

What good news indeed.
blessings,
~Toni~

Missy @ finding bright spots said...

So glad to hear that! I'm sure it's a real blessing! Praise God! : )

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how happy and excited I am to hear this news, Wani!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrissyM said...

I'm so happy for you and your family.