Saturday, April 04, 2009

A quote worth noting...


To be Queen Elizabeth within a certain area, deciding sales, banquets, labors, and holidays; to be Whitely within a certain area, providing toys, books, sheets, cakes, and books; to be Aristotle within a certain area, teaching morals, manners, theology, and hygiene. I can understand how this might exhaust the mind, but I cannot imagine how it could narrow it. How can it be a large career to tell other people's children about the Rule of Three and a small career to tell one's own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone? No: A woman's function is laborious because it is gigantic, not because it is minute.
~ G. K. Chesterton
Read it over and over. What you do is very important. Don't let the world tell you it's not.
I found the quote on this page. A friend and woman I look up to sent the link to me. There are so many more good quotes there. http://www.squidoo.com/homeschoolquotes


1 comment:

one6ylady said...

I didn't see any other link to contact you, so I'm commenting on your newest blog post to say that I saw that I won a copy of the book: Journey to the Homeland by Hannah Stahlhut from your blog during the UBP 2009. My email is one6ylady(at)aol(dot)com for you to contact me for my address.

I'm thrilled, and I've added you to my feed list so I can catch all your wonderful posts in the future.