Sunday, May 16, 2010

Adjusting...

We have been so incredibly blessed through our friends and family since Christine's birth. Two friends in particular were on hand basically 24/7 the last couple of weeks to help around the house and with the boys and their help has been invaluable! While my recovery is going very well it is still a recovery and I am infinitely thankful for their loving acts of service for me and my growing family. And of course our church family and friends are wonderful about bringing meals to help us ease the transition after a new baby. What a blessing!

Nate continues to dote on Christine constantly. He showers her with kisses and frequently reminds us how beautiful she is. He is already playing the role of her protector. I think Gramma Deb had a talk with him about his role as "big brother" to a sister and he is taking it very seriously. I do think having extra "mothers" around has taken its toll on Nate and it has shown a bit in his behavior. I think he'll mellow out a bit as we gradually get back to "normal".

Joe has been a combination of fun and frustrating lately. He has been very vocal in a constructive and communicative way and also in a whiny and complaining way. He has been signing well (most of the time) even using signs unprompted which is great. Joe has been doing well at school but I think the school schedule is catching up to him and he's been tired alot. He had pink eye and a cold back to back so its taken its toll and its been reflected in his mood. Sometimes there is literally nothing we can do to make him feel better and we just have to do our best to meet his basic needs and hope that is enough until he gets rested and gets back to his normal happy self.

Christine is such a good baby. She eats and sleeps well. She is almost too good. ;-) I keep waiting for her to become colicky or something, but for now I am just thankful that she is so sweet. We're enjoying having more awake time with her in the last few days. She makes so many faces already, we could just watch her for hours, everything she does is totally precious. And of course after having two boys I am really enjoying having all the pink!

I am still a little intimidated to be on my own with all three kiddos... but I know it will just take some getting used to and then we will all find our new "normal" and it will all become no big deal eventually. But until then I think I might have a few freak outs and melt downs. ;-) But God knows what I can handle better than I do and I trust that He will provide me with the strength and patience to handle whatever comes up in the coming months.

1 Corinthians 10:13 NAS - No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man ; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is very beautiful! So many blessings in your friends and support! Thanks so much for showing this love! Barbara

Forgetfulone said...

Oh, she is lovely! What a great group of kiddos you have. And you will be fine cuz you're a great mom!