Sunday, May 02, 2010

Is it time yet?!?

There seems to be something of a baby boom going on. Over the last little while I have been watching a few friends post about their baby's delivery on facebook. I've had about a hundred comments from people reminding me that my due date has come and gone... again. Nate was a couple weeks early but Joe was almost two weeks late - awhile back I predicted that this baby would arrive closer to his/her due date than either of the big brothers but we're getting close here! I really hope this baby does not take much longer to make his/her arrival!!
We are about as ready as we can be. All the birth supplies are in order, we have the labor tub set up in our room, we even have a few meals in the freezer... what else is there? For a long time I just wanted to be done being pregnant. But now more than anything I am anxious to meet this little person who has been growing inside of me all these months. I know that there is a reason that he/she has not decided to make their appearance just yet. And even though I've been asked about a dozen times if we have an induction date yet we have had a healthy pregnancy and have no reason to be concerned that this baby is taking their time in coming. While I'm ready and would be happy to have today be the day, we want to welcome this baby into the world as naturally as possible and that includes waiting on the right timing instead of imposing our own time line on this pregnancy and labor.
Sure, I have had days when part of me wishes we could skip this whole labor/birth part and just have the baby appear. But then my wonderful husband reminds me that I've worked and prepared myself for this and have done it before and will do it again and it will all be worth it. And he is right. Birth is seriously hard work to say the least but it has such a huge reward! I can still remember the relief and sense of accomplishment and awe and overwhelming love when Joe was slipped up into my arms. What a blessing to be able to bring my baby into the world in our own home, in a natural and loving environment surrounded only by people who love and support us. I can hardly wait to give this baby the same welcome into this world and our lives.
Here are a couple of bible verses on patience to help me wait on His timing!

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Romans 5:3-5 - More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Romans 8:24-25 - We were given this hope when we were saved. (If we already have something, we don’t need to hope for it. But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.)

Romans 12:12 - Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Hebrews 6:12 - We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Awesome post! I think this whole induction if you are one day late is crazy! Especially since they give you a four week period that the baby will most likely come to begin with! Hang in there!

Toni said...

With their best estimations for that time, my mom's doc believed that I was nearly a month late. Not sure how accurate that would be by today's tracking methods, but her doc didn't believe in doing anything unless he was convinced baby or mother were in danger.

Anonymous said...

love your post, Lawana! You have such a wonderful and wise spirit! The Lord is good, all the time ... all the time, the Lord is good!

love you!
Sarah Pichon

Mindy said...

Great post! Thanks for the verses on patience, they were such a blessing today. Prayers coming your way for a healthy, happy delivery, very soon!