Monday, February 14, 2011

Beloved


Song of Solomon 2:16 - "My beloved is mine, and I am his..."

I am blessed to have been married to a wonderful man for eight years now. Our life together has certainly had its up and downs. We are both flawed people and those flaws present their own unique challenges at times but we continue to love and support one another the best we can. We do not always make a big deal of Valentine's day - it often gets lumped together with my birthday which is next week. But never the less I thought I should have a Valentine post. Here are a few random thoughts and links regarding love and marriage.

Jill Savage has Marriage Monday series on her blog. She and her husband Mark are very candid about the ups and downs of their relationship over the years and share some things that have helped them to keep the love alive.

A blog called:A Holy Experience posted 5 Secrets to Make a Marriage Last that blew me away. Definitely food for thought there.

Making Marriage Sizzle! CWIVES stands for Christian Wives Initiating, Valuing and Enjoying Sex. Ladies, we don't have to wait for the guy to make a move. They love it when we are the ones to get things started! ;-)

There are a lot of scriptures on the topic of marriage. I find myself seeking them out during hard times as reminders of of what I should be doing and how blessed I am.

If you want to make a statement about your marriage through your clothes Union 28 is a resource for really great pro-marriage t-shirts and other apparel. I really like the Two Shall Become One shirts.

One of my favorite quotes on marriage: A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.
~Ruth Bell Graham - So true! In every marriage forgiveness is one of the keys to success.

And on the fun side of things is this video from Tim Hawkins. He's hilarious! ;-)



Quote: "I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally - I remember that feeling. We had a fairly short courtship. We really got to know each other in June, were engaged in August and married in January. We could hardly wait to start our life together. I wish I could have bottled that feeling! ;-)
Isaac, I love you! Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Impulsive Addict said...

CWIVES! Love that! I hardly ever initiate. I don't know why. I guess I wait for him but that never takes very long. Maybe that's why I don't. He usually beats me to it!

Happy Valentine's Day!