Thursday, October 13, 2011

Regrouping...

As I might have mentioned before, our home has been on the market since the spring. We have had a few showings here and there but not any serious interest. Originally we put it on the market because we fell in love with a house that seemed to meet nearly all of our future home criteria. It had an acre yard, an extra bedroom, a basement, etc. But it was a short sale and they could not accept a contingent offer so we put our house on the market in the hopes that it would sell quickly and we'd be able to make an offer on that home. Well, our house did not sell and that house did.
So we proceeded to see homes all over the county. Some were good and some were really bad. Then a few weeks ago we stumbled upon another home that seemed to meet as many or more of our criteria and we again began to picture ourselves in this "new" home, seeing the kids play in the yard... We put in an offer (contingent on the sale of our home - and we lowered our home's price to encourage a quicker sale) and it was countered with a reasonable offer that we were prepared to take. Before we had a chance to respond to their offer we got a call from our realtor that the owners had received another offer, one that was not contingent, and the took it.
Again the home that we had envisioned growing old together in is now someone else's home. We are still dealing with the frustration and disappointment and trying to regroup and decide what this means for us. Are we supposed to be patient and the "right" house will come along? Or are all these signs that we should learn to be content where we are? We're not sure what God is trying to teach us through this.
Yesterday as I was driving to an appointment I thought of a couple of my son's bible memory verses. And I was reminded how good it is for me to be learning them alongside him. I am thankful for the word of God that I have hidden in my heart to help me in times of struggle. So, even though we don't know what is going to happen with the house situation we do know that God is handling it. He is taking care of every detail as we sit here and do our best not to worry about it. While its not always easy for me to not be in control... sometimes I'm glad I'm not. I know whatever the plan He has for us is its way better than what I could come up with. Thank you God!

Psalm 121:2 - My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.



No comments: