Monday, September 03, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

This weekend we were blessed to spend a couple days at my inlaws' lakehouse (their only house now that they have made it their permanent residence).  At the beginning of the weekend Joe had a gray tooth from a face plant he took in the kitchen.  By the end of the weekend he had lost it and we have taken to calling him "Toothless Joe".  He wears it well, don't you think?   ;-)

 Nate and I challenged ourselves to making castles or fortresses using all of the blocks we had.  There were several masterpieces throughout the weekend!
 And of course we had to make time for naps. 
 And while it threatened rain all weekend (which made for pretty choppy water) we did enjoy a walk around the lake.  It was a little breezy!  I had to get a shot of our matching pig tails.  ;-)

 And what is a weekend at the lake without a romp in the hammock? 
 Or a spell in the porch swing with Grandpa?

 Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.  ~George Eliot

No comments: