Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tv-Time

Confessions of a Stay-at-Home-Mom shared her take on the upcoming TV Fall Previews.  I loved hearing her faves and fears!  Here is my two cents on this fall's tv:




 
Must See:
Parenthood - I excited to see more of the Braverman family. It is one of the few shows that my husband and I really get into together. We find it to be more relate-able than most shows in recent years.  Isaac and I especially connect with Adam and Christina's challenges with Max (who has Aspergers).  While its not the same as what we are dealing with it is refreshing to see a couple still together through the hard times of raising a child with special needs.


Once Upon a Time - I didn't get into this until midway through the season last year and caught up. I find the stories to be a tangle of intrigue. I enjoy seeing how each fairy tale is intertwined with the others. Not surprising that its from the creators of Lost.   ;-)  Last year it felt like none of my friends were watching it so I had no one to discuss it with.  Just so you know, I am one of those people who talk about book, movie and tv characters like they are real people.  So, I am super excited that my sister and friend will be joining me to watch it together this season!  Yay!

On Probation: Well, there isn't much to say in this category because I have already cut out a few shows in the last couple of years. As much as I was into them, I got tired of all the sleeping around in Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice.  Not to mention all the pro-abortion themes.

Give it a Try:
Revolution sounds like one that I might like. I am a big Hunger Games (and Divergent) fan and it sounds targeted to that audience. I hope they do it well and it isn't too much like a copycat.

Go On with Matthew Perry is promising. My inlaws were counselors for years and they said the shows depiction of group counseling was hilarious. I might watch a few episodes for fun. I must admit I miss Chandler Bing. ;-)


Homeland (on Showtime) is not new but it is new to me.  My hubs and I are going to try out the first season and see if we like it.  I really like Clair Danes and hope that the show is as good as it looks.


That is all I have to say about that.  ;-)  What shows are you into?

No comments: