Monday, December 27, 2010

Bags, bags and more bags!

I've been waiting since early fall to post these!! I did not want to spoil the surprise for my friends and family who received them as Christmas gifts!

I got most of my fabric on sale at Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's - I don't think I paid full price for anything... as usual! ;-)

This is the "One Hour Bag" from Rick-Rac.

This is the Japanese Knot Bag from Helen Heath.

This is modified from Lula's Reversible Shoulder Bag and Tiny Happy's Shoulder Bag.

These were made from Better Homes & Garden's pattern: Simple Six Pocket Tote

These boys' messenger bags were for my nephews and I used this tutorial from Snazzorama. This was easier than I thought and I'll probably be using it again.
After making several bags I started modifying and making up my own patterns. Here are a few of those bags.
This one was made with scraps from another project and a pair of jeans that had a whole in them. The back pockets of the jeans are actually the inside pockets of the bag. Or the outside pockets if you wanted to use it reversible.
I have really enjoyed putting my creative and craftiness to good use making gifts this year. And I love sharing it on the blog for others to see and maybe even learn from. I have tons of blogs that I love checking for ideas. Sometimes they'll have giveaways of their projects and others' as well. One such giveaway is being held on Our Dandelion Wishes. Check it out!

No comments: