Sunday, January 23, 2011

miscommunication?


So, after all my worry and stress trying to get things sorted out I actually was able to get in touch with First Steps and arrange for an evaluation without having to wait for the insurance situation to be resolved. Thank you God! I am relieved but also feel a little sheepish because I found out that I do not have to have a doctor's referral to get a FS eval for Christine. I must have misunderstood when our old coordinator said I needed a referral. I think I just assumed that the referral had to be from a doc. So, the First Steps intake coordinator is coming next week and then we'll schedule the eval. I'm having mixed feelings about it all. I had hoped to never have to deal with First Steps again. And while I am eager to get Christine help I am dreading confirmation that she has problems. At least its just been suspicions until now. I am not sure if this is easier or harder because we have been through it all already. Not something that we wanted to repeat. But like it or not, here we are again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your in my thoughts.....((hugs))

Mamarazzi said...

knowing will be better than not knowing...at least then you will have a game plan and help.

prayers going up for your little family especially Christine.