Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rocket Applique

I got a few crafting books for Christmas. There are so many fun project ideas! I can't wait to try them out!

Here are details from Nate's first sewing project. We started out with a rocket template I found HERE, a plain white Tshirt, fusible webbing and some felt (not pictured here).
Then we cut out the shapes for the rocket and ironed the fusible webbing onto them. I used small scraps of webbing I had leftover from a previous project.
We placed the various pieces onto the t-shirt in position and ironed them on (mostly to hold them in place while we sewed them into place.We just did a straight stitch around each piece. Nate even helped with some of it. He was pretty excited.And boy was he excited to wear it! He actually kept telling me he wanted to add Saturn and the moon, etc. But I had to stop him before he got carried away. It was fun to do it together. I'm looking forward to more projects with Nate and I know he is too.

1 comment:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

this is awesome! I might just need to make these for my nephews~ thanks for sharing :)