Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Cupcake!

I can hardly believe that my baby girl is one year old! It doesn't really seem like it has been a whole year since she was born. I can still remember taking a walk around our neighborhood while I was in labor and crying to Isaac that I didn't think I could make it. ;-) It was a short two hours later that our beautiful baby girl made her entrance into this world!
So much has changed since then! Christine brings such joy to our lives. My kids sure know how to keep me busy. While the days are often unbearably long the years seem to pass so quickly.

This weekend our families joined together to celebrate Christine's first birthday together. What a blessing to be loved and supported by so many.

I got inspiration for the pretzel butterfly cupcakes HERE. Thank you Martha Stewart. ;-) The mini flower cupcakes were done with candy coated almonds. Being the bargain hunter that I am I got almost everything for the party on Easter clearance. I love the Target dollar spot!
Christine was far too reserved with the cake! She gave it a good grab and got it all over her fingers but then proceeded to just slurp it off of her fingers instead of making the giant mess we were expecting.
The present opening was fun of course. She got a lot more clothes than the boys usually do. Lets face it: girls are more fun to shop for than boys! She got several really cute outfits from her grandmas and aunts. I have to say that her favorite gift seemed to be her dolly. She held it like a baby and everything. Then she chewed on its arm.
As always we are very thankful that our family is close and we can celebrate our special occasions with one another. Its great to get everyone all together once in awhile. I should have taken a picture of the whole family - both sides... but you know how it goes... I was lucky to get the pictures I did manage to take amidst the chaos! ;-)
Thanks everyone and Happy Birthday to my beautiful baby girl!


No comments: