Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Home is Where the Heart is...


My husband and I had the house that we live in built shortly after we were married. Even then we had planned on only being here for awhile, until we had had a couple of kids and felt the need for more space. Well... it has been eight years. We have had three children now. And I have definitely been feeling the need for more space. So, we started looking around to see what was on the market right now in our area.

Over the past few years even though we were not really in the market to buy yet we have discussed the things that we were looking for in a future home. Bigger yard for kids to play in, possible basement for kids to play in ;-), little bit of a fixer upper but not too much, potential schoolroom so we don't always have to do school on the coffee table, etc... We came across a home that meets all of these "requirements" that we have had in our mind for awhile now. It has four bedrooms, 2.5 bath, basement, space for us to have our schoolroom, its on a beautiful acre yard that includes mature trees and goes back into a small ravine with a creek (which Nate adored)... but the siding needs replaced, every room needs painted and the bathrooms and kitchen are all outdated and need major face-lifts. It is pretty much exactly what we are looking for and while we realize it will be a lot of work, both Isaac and I can truly see our family in this home for many many years. There is so much that we like, dare I say love about this house.

There is so much that would have to happen in order for us to get this home. While we have already listed out current home for sale, so much work that has to be done here at our current home just in order to get it staged and actually ready to sell. I've been doing major decluttering and boxing stuff up to put into storage already. Not to mention all the work that will have to be done on the "new" house.
I am trying to keep an attitude of "if God wants us to have this house then it will happen"... but part of me is anxious and excited and scared because I really do want it a lot! And honestly, I do not want to go through all this work if its not going to work out. In an effort to keep my heart in its proper place I have found these verses for me to meditate on and use in my prayers as we take the steps forward as we are being led. I am praying that if this house is not in God's will for us that He make it very clear to us and that He comfort me from the disappointment that I am sure I would feel.


Deuteronomy 28:8 ESV - The Lord will command the blessing on you in your barns and in all that you undertake. And he will bless you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Deuteronomy 11:31 ESV - For you are to cross over the Jordan to go in to take possession of the land that the Lord your God is giving you. And when you possess it and live in it,

Genesis 12:1-3 ESV - Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

Please lift us up in your prayers at this time also as we face the many tasks ahead in the process of buying/selling. Thank you friends.

No comments: