Saturday, February 15, 2014

DIY Winter Wonderland Bridal Shower

As soon as my dear friend announced she was getting married I knew I wanted to throw her bridal shower.  She is such a sweet girl... I mean, woman!  What a blessing it was to be able to show her love and support through the shower.

Originally she was going to have a summer wedding and a spring bridal shower.  I was going to use the sunflower mason jar decorations from my sisters' receptions and do a tea party theme.  But when the wedding was moved up to March and the shower was bumped to February I knew we had to do a Winter Wonderland theme!
me and my partner in crime...  ;-)

I scoured Pinterest pinning all sorts of ideas and shopped the Christmas clearance sales for wintery items to use for the shower.  I was even able to modify some of the wood candle holder's from my sister's reception to fit our wintery look.  We used a lot of natural elements in the decorations.  I got cinnamon scented pine cones for the centerpieces that just filled the room with their lovely scent!

I enlisted the help of some of our church's awesome cooks for the menu which included these tasty treats:

fruit salad
pinwheels - we got ours premade at GFS but you can make your own
chicken fiesta dip - its a church recipe kind of like this dish only done in the crock pot
flaky wafer sandwichcookies!! my faves!
veggie tray
Nutella brownies - I mean, you had me at Nutella! Love that stuff!!
two kinds of tasty cake balls!  my girl Lehi makes the best cake pops eh-va!
punch - this is the best party punch!
hot chocolate bar (toppings, marshmallows, etc)

We were able to reuse some of the wood candle holders that my dad made for my sister's reception last year.  We repurposed them to fit the winter wonderland theme and they worked for the centerpieces perfectly.
We wanted some unique elements to the shower.  So we did a mini-photobooth (with wrapping paper backdrop) so Rachael could have pix with all the guests.
And we had the ladies write messages and doodles on Christmas ornaments for the bride and groom to use on the tree their first Christmas together.  Another Pinterest find!

What a blessing it was to be a part of this shower.  And how rewarding to see all our ideas finally come together in perfect harmony!  ;-)  So proud of all the work from our team!  I appreciate their help SO much!!  And I know Rach does too!

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart," from Psalm 37:4


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did an amazing job! Everything looks perfect!

Forgetfulone said...

All I can say is "Wow!"