1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? a little of both - I hate dealing with odd shaped packages so I use bags for those... anything thats in a box I'll use paper.... a quick fact about me.... I got reserved grand champion in gift wrapping in the 4-H fair back in the day.... I was in the paper and everything... aren't I cool? Or is that dorky and I shouldn't tell anyone that?
2. Tree - Real or Artificial? Fake.... the first year we were married we got a real one and were so excited until we had to deal with all the needles and decided fake was the way to go.
3. When do you put the Christmas tree up? Usually at the beginning of December sometime..... but this year I've been dragging my feet. I am not looking forward to keeping my two year old out of the tree and gifts, etc. Its so much work!
4. When do you take the tree down? Around New Years... give or take a week.
5. Like Egg Nog? Not so much. I'm more of a hot chocolate girl myself.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? A couple of them but I don't like the ones I have.... I would really like to get the Willow Creek one.... but its pretty expensive.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? The one that stands out the most was my first real good camera. My family doesn't over-do Christmas but the Christmas nearest our 16th birthdays was always a big deal and my parents got me a 35mm SLR with a couple of lenses.... I was so psyched. I went out and took pix of the fresh snow we'd gotten... those pix got blue ribbons at the 4-H fair.... ok.... revealing my dorkiness once again.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband's family. If they want something they buy it for themselves.... that doesn't leave much for us to get them. Plus, my husband is no help whatsoever.... all the gift ideas and buying are left up to me.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Varies from year to year.
10. Worst Christmas gift? I keep no record of wrongs.... I mean bad gifts.
11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Snail mail of course. I did a combination of photo cards and handmade cards. I just didn't have time or energy enough to make 50 handmade cards.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? well.... I like alot. Even though my family never did the santa thing and we aren't doing it with our boys I really like Miracle on 34th Street, While You Were Sleeping (thats kinda a Christmas movie), Elf, Holiday Inn.... and per my husband's insistence that he can't get into the holiday spirit without it - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start late summer, early fall. I like to spread it out so its not a huge financial burden in December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? maybe....
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Grandma's cookies!
16. Clear or colored tree lights? colored
17. Favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night - and Holly Jolly Christmas
18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? Stay home as much as possible. I'd love to just stay in and make everyone come to us but we've got too many church and family commitments.
19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? yes
20. Angel or Star on tree top? I prefer a star.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas eve at grandma's and Christmas Day at home and my inlaws.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Too many people out shopping.... I went to Walmart the other day and it took forever just to get a few groceries. Its ridiculous.