Friday, October 17, 2008

FFF - Family Films

Our family is big on movies. But I know its hard to find good movies to watch together as a family. When I was growing up there was a 15 year spread between me (oldest) and my brother (youngest) - talk about hard to please everyone's movie taste! Feature Films for Families is a great company that puts out family friendly movies for all ages and tastes. They're goal is to "strengthen traditional values through entertainment". They're even offering a Free DVD so you can try them out and see if you like what they have to offer. They even have discussion questions to help you teach your children to think critically about media and what they watch.
A couple of my favorite Feature Films for Families movies that I grew up watching are(now forgive me, these are from a long time ago!):
A Little Princess ~ This one is good for younger kids (girls), full of imagination. You may have heard of the Shirley Temple version.
Girl of Limber Lost ~ This is reminiscent of Anne of Green Gables or Little House on the Prairie - and its based in Indiana which I liked.
City Boy ~ One of the first movies that I had a crush on the actor in! Good story too, about choosing between right and wrong.
Rigoletto ~ This is a musical and I can still sing the songs to it! Its kind of a mix between Beauty and the Beast and Phantom of the Opera. But still pretty kid friendly.

No comments: