Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Multi-tasking Vegis


A week or two ago I got a huge bag of spinach on sale at Meijer for $1! Throughout that week I multi-purposed that spinach in so many dishes. It ended up in Scrambled Omelets twice, on our lunch sandwiches a few times, in Alfredo one night, salad, etc... it just kept going and going! I couldn't believe how long it lasted! And it didn't feel like we were eating spinach all the time. Every meal was different enough that it wasn't too much.
I've also been able to do similar multi-tasking with squash and bell peppers. Most often I like to put both of those in my spaghetti sauce and in fajitas. But there are tons of options.
So... multi-tasking vegetables (especially when they're on sale!) is what WORKS FOR ME this week!! What works for you?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great that you have been able to incorporate spinach into so much. I love spinach and it is great for you! I wish I could find a HUGE bag for $1. Oh well. Thanks for sharing your spinach ideas!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com