Sunday, August 21, 2011

First day of first grade...

Last week we made an impromptu trip to the aquatic center near where my friend works. It was kind of a last summer fling before starting school. I'm kicking myself for not taking Nate to this place before! He liked hanging out in the lazy river. And to my surprise he loved the tube slide. I can't believe how big he is!

Last Monday we started our First Grade year of homeschooling with Nate. He was pretty excited to get started. He is such a smart boy.
This year we are using Heart of Dakota Little Hearts for His Glory. Some of the first grade stuff is a little on the easy side for him but it will pick up the pace shortly. And we'll be filling in with some additional reading.
Its good to get the year off to a good start. I'm glad that he is such an eager learner!

No comments: