Saturday, December 03, 2011

Smoothies?


My first smoothie attempt... was bumpy. The worst part was that I had bought this giant bag of spinach at Costco for just this purpose but the last couple of weeks have been busy and I kind of forgot about it until this morning. So when I pulled the spinach out of the fridge... I'm sure you can imagine the slimy mess. But I had the motivation (and I had already poured apple juice into the blender so I was committed) and I improvised!
After checking out a few websites (What is a green smoothie?, Green Smoothie Recipes & Detoxing with Green Smoothies...) and getting an idea of the kids of fruit and vegi combinations that other people are doing with their smoothies I just decided to wing it using what I had. Here is what I ended up with:

2 cups apple juice
1 apple cut up
1 banana
1/2 bag baby carrots
1 bag frozen mixed berries
1/8 cup flax seed
2 Tbspn honey
2 Tbspn coconut oil

All in all... not a bad way to start my morning. I will be trying this again. With fresh spinach next time! ;-)

No comments: